The world is at the brink of human destruction. Animals are going extinct, the bees are dying, which means flowers and many plants depending on them for pollination, won’t be doing that. We have a whole Bee movie that explains why this is bad. Nature is becoming a huge trash can and tonnes of tonnes of plastic is dumped everywhere. Which means said plastic is also getting everywhere – even into you! Sweet.
Scientist have concluded that we have less than 12 years before it’s virtually impossible to stop the end of the world as we know it – this means that our future and the future of our children is incredibly bleak.
However! This does not mean that there aren’t a few things YOU as one person can do to help save the planet. If we’re gonna save life on earth and ourselves then EVERYBODY needs to contribute, and make drastic changes to how we lead our everyday life.
Here are a few simple steps you can take to reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to saving the world! YOU can be the hero of our future. Incredible!
- Try to cut out plastic as much as possible! Bring your own bags when grocery shopping.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle!
- Start taking fewer showers. Shorter showers, and use lower heat settings. Saves your electricity bill, the waste of water, electricity and the planet!
- If you’re a smoker; use an ashtray, make sure to drop your cigarette butts in their designated waste bins. Don’t use filters, or use organic filters. Or simply, spare your health and consider quitting. We believe in you!
- If you’re a person who experience periods then consider switching out your tampons and pads for period cups or period underwear! In the long run you will actually save money! Nice!
- Start buying locally grown vegetables and fruit. The higher prices is for your children’s future!
- Use public transport as much as possible. We know commuting can be a drag, but consider the extra time you now have disposable to do something productive on your public transport. Like learning a new language, listening to a podcast, read etc. And no more traffic jams! It’s quite the deal.
- Start using soap bars and reduce your plastic waste even further! Nutbars for your hair, soap bars for your hands and body, there are many possible soap bars to check out. Consider visiting your local Lush store for inspiration!
Good luck saving the earth everyone, may our impending doom be stopped for good!
Here is a neat little video about climate change and what the scientists say.